Thursday, February 12, 2015

Interview with Ryan Lane (Actor)

Ryan Lane

Website: http://ryanlaneonline.com/wp/
IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2647455/mediaindex?ref_=nm_phs_md_sm

1. What do you like most on your role in SAB?
Playing Travis has taught me to be more independent, to never give up. He has been through a lot in his life, and I have gone through similar situations. Seeing Travis push on without family and when things got bad, has given me a better outlook on life in general, and I think has made me a stronger person. The writers have really done a nice job with Travis's character.

2. What was the biggest challenge you had working at SAB? (either character or personal challenge)
There are a lot of challenges. For example, the scripts are written in English and the deaf character's lines need to be translated into ASL. Also, we have to be aware of the camera angles and remember to sign so that the camera catches our hands. ASL is such an emotive language, we also have to be really aware of our facial expressions and body language. So putting all those things together on top of memorizing lines is really challenging, but so rewarding seeing it on the screen!

3. What was the first sign you learned?
That's a good question. I really don't remember, but I think it might have been a color.

4. What is your favorite sign?
I love you - for obvious reasons, and because it seems to be a sign a lot of people know.

5. What are your plans for the future?
Other than hopefully continuing to act, I would like to do something to help the hearing understand more about the deaf... bridge the communication gap. I'm just not sure exactly how I'm going to do that yet. Its a work in progress, but with shows like Switched at Birth maybe it's not so far off. And of course, get married, have a family and live happily ever after .

Bonus: As a Bay & Emmett Fan page, would you like to say anything for our followers, Bemmett shippers and SAB fans in general?
Our fans are the reason we exist. Without them, we are nothing. I don't think you know how much you and your support means to all of us on the show. We REALLY appreciate it! Keep up the good work! Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment